Monday, December 26, 2011

We're Having A...

You know from this post that Christmas day was a big reveal day for whether we would be spending our money on prom dresses or car insurance. I thought quite a bit about opening the red envelope on Christmas Eve before bed, but Jason and I waited until morning as we promised we would.

The card waiting on the tree next to a too cute ornament from a colleague.
I was getting a bit anxious about this reveal.  I figured that both ways I would feel elated and deflated because with this one announcement some visions of future bliss would grow and others would disappear. Tea parties vs. playing trucks. Pink vs. blue.  Baby-sitters Club vs. Artemis Fowl. Gymnastics vs. peanut league. (Haha tennis and choir, either way.)  Sleeping Beauty vs. Hercules. Hormone hell vs. Trips to the ER. (Note: I believe in gender equality as much as the next moderate woman of the 21st century, but these seem to be the likely direction of Peanut's life based on my own experiences growing up in a little town in Ohio.)

Well, Christmas morning arrived and I got up, got breakfast in the oven, and stocked Jason's stocking with his goodies. The whole time I was getting things together, my hands were itchy. In A FEW SHORT MOMENTS I would know whether there was a penis growing in me or not.

We sat down together on the big chair in our living room and opened the envelope. S l o w l y.


Get it? (There is a seed on the card. )
 Inside of the card we saw...
Our doctor is so adorable. He wrote, "Happy to be your child.  Thanks for creating me, Your Son."
We grinned at each other, kissed, and I wiped away a few happy tears. (Of course I also cried over a Charmin commercial the other day. That mama bear just wants the baby to be clean.)

So, we're having a son. A boy. Can't wait.

Gratitude List
A bouncing baby boy
Seeing my parents' faces when I told them they would have a grandson
Watching the nephews and niece celebrate and play
Having a chance to talk with the SILs and BILs
Two wonderful pairs of in-laws


2 comments:

  1. I love your sense of humor! I laughed out loud in the eye doc's office when I read your post... Congrats on having a penis growing inside of you!

    ReplyDelete