Thursday, December 29, 2011

Not a Panic Attack, Huh?

I woke up at about 4:15 last night- not surprising. In fact, it was my third middle of the night wake up which is currently par. (Though at times it feels more like a handicap.)  This time, though, something was scarily different.

My body was jittery, but I couldn't remember coming out of a scary dream. I laid there for a second simply feeling my pulse race and trying to breathe deeply.  After a few minutes of deep breathing I was only more terrified because I was still shaking. I placed my left hand on my belly and used my right index finger to take my left wrist pulse.  My pulse was steadily slower than my shaking body.  It was at this time that I realized I wasn't having an anxiety attack, but my belly was.

Peanut had the hiccups.

Gratitude List (12/28/11)
Lunch visit with Bethy
Dinner visit with Jenny
Chance to visit with Aunt Joy, Uncle Mike, and Debora
Decaf gingerbread latte from Starbucks
Sleeping in because Jason got up with Wolfie


No comments:

Post a Comment